About Me

Jared and I have been married two years now. In November we will have been together 9 years. Crazy to think. We definitely grew up together and I think that's what makes us work so well. We had a daughter in June and we're not sure why we didn't do so sooner. We love her with our life. She is the best thing that's ever happened to us. I love having my own family. We live in Fayetteville and LOVE IT. We are always back and forth on whether or not we'll move back to Alma. I see us back down there one day but I see our life always being in NWA. If only we could pack our families up and move them up here!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm Officially a Blogger!

Ok so I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. I am always following my friends on their blogs and just think it's such a great idea. I finally decided I'd definitely do it when I found out  I can keep up with it from my phone. I didn't want to start it and not keep up with it. So now our families who are not on facebook can keep up with what little miss Ruby has been up....along with her mom and dad. :)

Ruby is now about 3 1/2 months old and really thriving. I don't even know where to start. We are still exclusively breastfeeding/pumping. She "loves the boob milk" as her Daddy says. It's gone so well for us that I can't see a reason to quit anytime soon. It's a lot of work and exhausting at times but I know the benefits it has for her and for us (financially) so I just keep on keeping on. She weighs about 14 lbs give or take. I don't have a clue how long she is but I know it's long. She is in 3-6 month clothes but the pants on them are not long enough. I'm trying to figure out what I should do about that for when it starts to get really cold. She's starting to hold things...I actually walked in while Jared was giving her a bottle and she was holding it all by herself. When I figure out how to post pictures and such from my phone I will definitely be posting that. I really think she's already teething. She's slobbering a whole bunch and always chewing on her fingers. She's the best sleeper! We are so so lucky. She goes down anywhere from 6-7 and sleeps usually around 12 hours. Napping on the other hand is another story. The girl does not like sleeping during the day. We worked and worked on that the whole three months I was off with her and I just never figured it out. Now Miss Kathy is having the same issues. We are lucky if we get around three 30 minute naps from her. It's no fun getting her home after work when she's so tired. But I just keep telling myself it will get better. She's a good girl. I tell her every day she's "my best little buddy". I don't know what I'd do without her.

Today we made a delicious keesh, biscuits, and hashbrowns and watched the Hogs play. Well Jared watched. I was in and out, up and down with Rubes. I also laid in the bed for a little while and read--I'm reading "A Stolen Life" by Jaycee Dugard. It's pretty crazy what she endured. Anyway, then around 3 Ruby had not napped at all so I decided we'd go for a drive. Jared and I got some ice cream and saw that she had passed out so we just kept driving. We happened to run into the Bikes, Blues, and BBQ parade so we stopped and watched. It was neat. My favorite were the mini motorcycles with the little boys driving them. It was so cute! Ruby ended up sleeping for an hour and a half so it was a really pleasant evening with her. She was in bed by 6:30 so Jared and I are watching Transformers.

Tomorrow we are going to Van Buren to have lunch with my dad and sisters for his birthday. I'm excited about seeing everyone but even more excited for them to see Ruby. I know how much everyone misses her....I miss my nieces and nephew so much!

Ok well I think that's all. I'm still trying to edit this thing so excuse the GINORMOUS picture of us. I'm gonna have to have some of you experts coach me through how to make it pretty.

Happy October! It's breast cancer awareness month. Remember to check your tatas!

~Sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment