About Me

Jared and I have been married two years now. In November we will have been together 9 years. Crazy to think. We definitely grew up together and I think that's what makes us work so well. We had a daughter in June and we're not sure why we didn't do so sooner. We love her with our life. She is the best thing that's ever happened to us. I love having my own family. We live in Fayetteville and LOVE IT. We are always back and forth on whether or not we'll move back to Alma. I see us back down there one day but I see our life always being in NWA. If only we could pack our families up and move them up here!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Four Months Old

My little princess is getting so big. Thursday is her four month birthday so today was her scheduled check/shots. For some reason I didn't dread it. I guess because I was getting to stay home a little longer with Ruby and just take our time. Well with her appointment being so early that didn't last long. As soon as we got there the anxiety set in. I asked her nurse if she was getting shots thinking maybe I just THOUGHT that and they really didn't get 4 month shots. Wrong. :( So Ruby was just having a wonderful time. She was talking to me and rolling over. She chatted Dr. Denton up too. Just a little chatter box. Then in came the mean ol' nurse with the needle. She asked me to hold her hands. So I did. I was just talking to her and as soon as the needle went in she stopped talking, looked at me, and started screaming. It was awful. Worse than the first time. Jared wasn't able to make this appointment because of a meeting. He's got out of both shots appointments because of work. Next time there will be no acceptions. I honestly think I handle it way better than he would but I want him there.

She weighs 14 lbs 12 oz and is 24 1/2 inches long.

I wanted nothing more than to call work and tell them I was taking her home. But it was a surgery day and I have to be there because I schedule and treatment plan for Dr. Renegar. So I took her to Kathy's. A new 6 week old baby started today so as I was leaving thinking Ruby would no longer be the "baby" I just about had a melt down. I wanted to just cry. But I didn't. I sucked it up and went to work.

I called Kathy at about 12:30 and Ruby was perfectly fine. Jared picked her up and when I called to check on them I could just hear her laughing. Kathy had her cracking up. So my mind immediately was at ease. I finally got off and got home to her immediately.

During all the chaos today I also ran to the doctor myself. I have bronchitis. No fun at all. My nose is raw and I feel like there is 500 lbs sitting on my chest. Ouch.

That's all for now.


~Sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment