About Me

Jared and I have been married two years now. In November we will have been together 9 years. Crazy to think. We definitely grew up together and I think that's what makes us work so well. We had a daughter in June and we're not sure why we didn't do so sooner. We love her with our life. She is the best thing that's ever happened to us. I love having my own family. We live in Fayetteville and LOVE IT. We are always back and forth on whether or not we'll move back to Alma. I see us back down there one day but I see our life always being in NWA. If only we could pack our families up and move them up here!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Baby's First of Many

Well this is Ruby's first October. It is my FAVORITE month of the year. I even like it better than February (my birthday month). The weather is amazing, football season is in full swing, the trees are beautiful, everyone is happy and in good moods (or should be), and winter is just right around the corner (my favorite season). So we've been spending as much time as we possibly can outside.

Yesterday was a big day for Rubes. We woke up and got ready to go to breakfast and the pumpkin patch with the Thomas' (our good friends Emmie and Derrick who I've mentioned before). We met up with them and their kids Sawyer and Lynnlee at Susan's, delicious breakfast place in Springdale. It didn't take long for us to realize we are definitely new parents. We forgot everything. Ruby had a "blowout" and Mommy didn't bring a change of clothes. Luckily it wasn't on her clothes she had on too bad. Then when we got to the pumpkin patch we realized we didn't bring the stroller. Awesome huh?!?! Ruby is 15 lbs and she gets quite heavy after carrying her for a long time. Emmie came through AS ALWAYS. She's super mom. She has a double stroller for her two and they offered a spot in it for Rubes. Her kids are 3 and 1 so they are walking around everywhere. Jared and I just kept saying to each other "how could we forget that? What is wrong with us??". It's going to take me a while to always remember everything. It's also going to take me a while to manage my time to get us places on time. It's hard to get yourself ready along with a baby.

So anyway, the pumpkin patch was a blast. There were goats to pet, a corn maze, pumpkin patch, hay ride, cow train ride, and some bounce arounds. I can't wait to take Ruby back next year when she can actually enjoy it. We really enjoyed seeing how much fun Saw and Lu were having. Sawyer just went crazy pointing at everything. We rode the hay ride to the pumpkin patch and got some pictures. Then we came back to the front where they were to catch a ride on the cow train. The kids that small have to have a parent on with them so Derrick was planning to take Saw while Emmie took Lu. Well I offered to take him since Derrick is really tall and has crazy long legs, he would have NEVER fit. It was hilarious. Emmie and I were laughing so hard at each other. It was a really bumpy ride too. The kids however enjoyed it very much. It was a really fun time. We went ahead and headed home for Rubes to nap and to watch the football game. The Thomas' stayed so Lu could play in the jump around for a while.

After the game (that we won thankfully) we went to the Wheeler Fire Department chicken and brisket dinner. It was to help raise money for their equipment. There were a ton of people there. The Thomas' came, Jenn and Tony C, and Valerie from work and her family were there. It was fun. The food was great. Jenn and Tony came over after and watched that amazing baseball game afterwards. How about those Cardinals!

We had another busy day today. We woke up and some friends stopped by to drop off a gift I ordered from Simply Spelled. Ruby napped for a bit then got up and we went to a baby shower for my sweet friend Savanna at one of the doctor's I work for's house. His wife was giving it. That was fun too.

Ruby was a very happy baby all weekend. She is just growing so fast. She has been rolling over like a champ. For a long time she would get really frustrated when she'd land on her belly but now she just screams and talks and tries to scoot. I have a feeling it won't be long before she starts trying to crawl. I love watching her do new things. She makes me smile.

Here are some pictures from the pumpkin patch.



This last picture is just an idea at how hilarious the cow train was!


Well that's all I have for now. I hope everyone has a great week. Just remember when you are mad, sad, stressed, it could always be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment