About Me

Jared and I have been married two years now. In November we will have been together 9 years. Crazy to think. We definitely grew up together and I think that's what makes us work so well. We had a daughter in June and we're not sure why we didn't do so sooner. We love her with our life. She is the best thing that's ever happened to us. I love having my own family. We live in Fayetteville and LOVE IT. We are always back and forth on whether or not we'll move back to Alma. I see us back down there one day but I see our life always being in NWA. If only we could pack our families up and move them up here!

Monday, July 23, 2012

It Could Be Worse!

So I have a bad habit of getting down and stressed out about the littlest things. I hate that about myself.

I've yet to master the whole being a full time mom and full time employee to someone else. Yes I said "full time mom" too! I know some of you think that's untrue but even when I'm at work I'm still mom. And to me no matter where you are or what you're doing you are constantly thinking about your child's needs and wants. Or at least I am.

So anyway, the whole working, coming home, cook dinner (I never do), take care of baby, take care of husband, home, laundry etc.. Well, I am just not good at it. My main priority is Ruby of course. I make sure I play with her, feed her, bathe her, rock her, etc.. Then it's "ok what are we going to eat?". Sometimes we eat with her but only if we have time to get something ready for us. She's on a pretty strict schedule/routine so it's Ruby eats at 6:00. Then do I need to do laundry. Do I need to scrub bottles and sippies. Oh my goodness. It's so much work!

Needless to say, I am so envious of all the mom's out there who work full time, have dinner on the table, and basically have it all together. It honestly brings a whole new meaning to my parents being exhausted.

I've been really struggling with leaving Ruby here lately for some reason. I mean tears on the way to work struggling. I don't know why it's getting harder and harder. I miss her so much. But I guess that's just part of it.

Then Jared has been at work for seriously 8 days straight. He has a project he's trying to get out. It stinks.

But!!!!! It could be worse right? I mean I have a husband, a beautiful daughter, a home, we have jobs, we have food. I know all this and yes I'm so so thankful for all of it. I thank God every single day.

I guess I just needed to blog about this because I've been feeling so overwhelmed with everything
there is to do as a full time working mom. Whew. Tears roll down my face as I type this. I know for sure that I'm not the only one dealing with this...so
if you're out there ladies, you are not alone! I am not afraid to admit IT'S HARD! It's not all peachy and happy and easy.

But eventually, I will figure it all out. Ruby might be 18 and going to college but I'll get it someday. :) I just wanted to complain and where better to do it than here?!

Ok that's all I have folks. :)

I'll leave you with this....

No comments:

Post a Comment