About Me

Jared and I have been married two years now. In November we will have been together 9 years. Crazy to think. We definitely grew up together and I think that's what makes us work so well. We had a daughter in June and we're not sure why we didn't do so sooner. We love her with our life. She is the best thing that's ever happened to us. I love having my own family. We live in Fayetteville and LOVE IT. We are always back and forth on whether or not we'll move back to Alma. I see us back down there one day but I see our life always being in NWA. If only we could pack our families up and move them up here!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Weekend

Well it couldn't have been a better one! I started it out on Thursday on a girls night with my good friends Jenn and Bobbi. They felt I was in need (which I was) of some girl time. Jared too. I don't know what's up with me lately. I was actually almost in tears thinking about being away from home all day. But of course, it ended up being SO MUCH FUN! Thanks, friends.

Then on Friday Ruby and I just hung out all day. The girl has been extra clingy to me. She even had to sit in my lap while I blow dried AND straightened my hair. Talk about skills!

We went to dinner with the Thomas' at Shoguns for baby Sawyer's birthday. Ruby loved it. As I've said before she loves being in public. She loved looking at the grill and fire. She also apparently LOVES shrimp! I just recently started eating it a few years ago. It has to be cooked really good for me to eat it. But with every meal at shoguns you get a couple pieces of shrimp. So I tested it out and that's all she ate. Every bite she'd hum "mmmmm"... So funny! Thankfully the chef gave us his extra. Ruby just loves the Thomas kiddos and so do we. Sweet Lynnlee asked if we were coming back to her house. When I told her no, she said "well when can I see you again?". I've been playing those words in my mind all weekend.

Saturday morning we just took it easy. Jared and I took a little swim while R napped. Then we started getting packed up and ready to go to Altus for my cousin Christopher's wedding. What a good time! I absolutely love getting to spend time with my Dad's side of the fam.

The wedding was beautiful. It was in a little catholic cathedral tucked back in the sticks. Beautiful! Lacey (the bride) looked amazing. Her taste in everything was just so elegant and vintage.

I have to say my favorite part was the release of the doves. In memory of my aunt and uncle, and Chris' parents, they released two doves. It was beautiful. They flew off in different directions and joined back together side by side and flew back over us. It was like Brad and Kristi were telling Chris they were happy for him. We all miss them so very much. It's a constant struggle for me to even try to comprehend what it's like to lose both of your parents at such a young age. I think about Chris and his brothers on a daily basis.

Then on to the reception-dinner and dancing and cold drinks. :) So much fun! My mom took Ruby home when it was time for bed. Jared and I stayed in Altus at a little cottage with my grandparents. We met up with family for breakfast this morning before they all went back home (Heber Springs and Mountain Home).

Today we went to my sisters for a birthday party for Reggie, Joey and Dylan. More time with my family. We spent the entire day outside. Ruby was wiped out!

Tomorrow is Ruby's 1 year check up and shots. I am NOT looking forward to it at all. I'm off on Tuesday to spend the day with her. Kathy is out so I thought "perfect timing". I can't imagine someone else taking care of her after shots. I still have not decided if we will split them up or do it all tomorrow. I probably won't until go time. Please pray for us. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with it this time.

My sister and father in law gave us a ton of tomatoes. If the day goes well on tuesday I will probably make some salsa. Yum!

Everyone have an awesome, healthy, and happy work (or whatever you do) week.

Love,

Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment