About Me

Jared and I have been married two years now. In November we will have been together 9 years. Crazy to think. We definitely grew up together and I think that's what makes us work so well. We had a daughter in June and we're not sure why we didn't do so sooner. We love her with our life. She is the best thing that's ever happened to us. I love having my own family. We live in Fayetteville and LOVE IT. We are always back and forth on whether or not we'll move back to Alma. I see us back down there one day but I see our life always being in NWA. If only we could pack our families up and move them up here!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

This is going to be random and quick because it's 10:19 pm on Sunday night and I need to be sleeping. :)

We had a great weekend. Tons of family time and we really enjoyed it. It was bittersweet and as I type this you will understand why.

Thursday started at my Dad's with the Elmore side. It was really good but also somewhat somber. As many of you know we lost Kristi over the summer. She is my Dad's sister. I could feel the void as I'm sure most everyone else could. Besides that it went good. Ruby got to see her cousins, aunts, uncles (soon to be anyway), grandma's and grandpa's. I love and miss my family so much. If there's one thing about the holidays I love it's getting to see them.

Then we went to Jared's sister's for dinner with the Inman's. We never see them so that was nice too. Ruby met her cousin Austin Inman for the first time as did Jared and I.

Friday I woke up to find out our Poppo Loyd passed. He was in the last stages of Alzheimer's. So as I said, bittersweet weekend. Please pray for my family. My dear Mommo has lost her daughter and father all in the same year. Within a few months as a matter of fact. Very hard to stomach what she must be going through and all I can do is hope she will not try to be so strong that she doesn't ask for help if it's needed. I love you Mommo!

I also got to meet up with my long time best friends Merri, Staci, and Laina for lunch. That was really nice. They were just dying to see Ruby more than me of course so I'm glad they got to see and play with her.

Saturday was a disgusting rainy day most of the day so we just sat around lazy as can be at Briana's just watching tv and doing some online Christmas shopping. I did NOT do the Black Friday shopping this year. I have been so exhausted that I knew no matter how much fun I had (like every year) with my sister I'd regret not sleeping instead.

Then Saturday night we had Jared's granna's Thanksgiving in Mountainburg then had to zip on over to Fort Smith for my Papa Bill's surprise 70th birthday party. We came back to Fayetteville right after that.

The whole weekend was busy busy busy. We stayed at Briana's for 3 days. Ruby did great considering she was completely confused and her schedule was off. I'm hoping to get back into our routine soon. She didn't go to bed until 7:30 tonight which is really late for her. Her and her daddy let me nap from 10-1:30 today. When he came in to get her medicine I asked him what time it was and when he told me I about went crazy. I did not believe him. Sad thing is I could've slept for another hour. When I got up Jared had the Christmas tree up! I just have to decorate it and make a centerpiece for my table out of some votives I had lying around. I had 3 days worth of laundry and unpacking to do or I would've done it today.

Anyway, I feel rested and I'm ready for the week. It's surgery week and I will be attending the funeral so it will be a busy one. Please keep my family in your prayers not just for our loss' we've faced the past few months, but for other reasons as well. Family is the most important thing to me and my heart has been breaking over some of our struggles that are on our plate.

Just a couple pictures you might like to see. Have a good week!




Our first Thanksgiving as 3.




Ruby and her cousin Reggie, they are 5 days apart. She was really loving him.


This is Ruby after eating some banana's with cereal in them.



This started out as plain white. The background had some pink polka dots on it. Ruby's Glamma Linda found it for like $4. We re-did it. Love it.



Thanksgiving at my Mom's and Ruby's 5 month birthday.

~Sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment