About Me

Jared and I have been married two years now. In November we will have been together 9 years. Crazy to think. We definitely grew up together and I think that's what makes us work so well. We had a daughter in June and we're not sure why we didn't do so sooner. We love her with our life. She is the best thing that's ever happened to us. I love having my own family. We live in Fayetteville and LOVE IT. We are always back and forth on whether or not we'll move back to Alma. I see us back down there one day but I see our life always being in NWA. If only we could pack our families up and move them up here!

Monday, November 5, 2012

"Friends"

Poor Ruby is still fighting the cold symptoms. I know I said I love winter but having a sick baby has made me re-think that several times now. We are drugging her up real good though. Not really. But at bed time we have a serious ritual going on that really seems to be helping. Delsym with Zyrtec, humidifier, saline and snot sucker (I do that throughout the day), Vicks on the chest and feet, and aquaphor on her little chapped face. I feel so bad for her when I hear that little cough when she's trying to sleep then the moan that comes after. So sad. I too am fighting it so I know how she feels. This morning we were both hacking and Jared just said "you girls"... I think we're seeing the end of it though thank goodness!

Onto a happy note. She's just the smartest little thing. She is saying "thank you" clear as day and at the right time. That makes me so proud. She's RUNNING everywhere. I have to tell her constantly to slow down. She absolutely loves playing on our bed, which she now knows how to get on by herself (scares me to death).

My stepmom, her Glamma, came over a couple weeks ago and brought her some very serious items. One was a purple stool with diamonds on it. It's very light so she can carry it anywhere and she knows exactly what it's used for. It sits by our bed but it also gets moved to the light switches a lot. She is obsessed with turning the lights on/off. The fans too. When we get home or leave I have to hold her to let her "do it". Another phrase (is that a phrase?) she's saying. Another is "get it". Tonight she threw the tennis ball under her changing table and told me to "get it". Ha!

The other thing Glamma brought was a little blanket doll. She was immediately obsessed with it. So now it's not just "awesome possum" it's "baby" too. I've just been calling them her "friends". She takes them along with her lovie everywhere in this house and they sleep with her. Tonight before bath time I told her "go put your 'friends' to bed"... While we were getting ready I noticed her possum was in the living room floor but her lovie and baby were in her bed. I asked Jared if he put them there and he said no. She must've dropped possum on the way. But smart girl.

She catches on very quickly to things. I started time out this weekend and she knows exactly what's going on. When I go to talk to her about it and ask if she's sorry she hugs me.

She loves to help me fold laundry. She'll do her best at folding something, lay it in the pile then clap for herself. Ha! She also loves to help unload the dishwasher. She hands me dishes so I can dry them. I hope she always loves it. ;)

Just a few pictures from the past week or so... Not in order. I wish I could figure out how to caption them and post video. Dangit.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment