About Me

Jared and I have been married two years now. In November we will have been together 9 years. Crazy to think. We definitely grew up together and I think that's what makes us work so well. We had a daughter in June and we're not sure why we didn't do so sooner. We love her with our life. She is the best thing that's ever happened to us. I love having my own family. We live in Fayetteville and LOVE IT. We are always back and forth on whether or not we'll move back to Alma. I see us back down there one day but I see our life always being in NWA. If only we could pack our families up and move them up here!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ruby is Potty Training

Ruby is on the road to success. A long time ago I told my friend Bobbi, "I think Ruby is going to be that child that just starts going in the potty when she feels like it". Ok, who says that?!?! For months I have been kicking myself because she has had absolutely no interest in it. She has gone here and there but nothing consistent. Well, the past week, she tells me "I want to be NAKEDDDDD". Bless her. Who isn't comfortable naked? So of course, I let her. But I just get nervous about her restroom issues. Not anymore. She has literally "just started going in the potty"!!! The first night was a few weeks ago. She was really quiet and I head to my bedroom to see what she's up to. Out she comes WITHHHHHH her toilet bowl in hand with pee pee in it! She was so proud. She said "I peed in the potty Mama". Of course I just freaked out! I made Jared come and look (to avoid pee pee all over the house). Ever since, she has been doing just that. She asks every night, "can I be naked Mommy?". Of course! The last two nights I have made it a very exciting thing to "go pick out some panties". She has horse ones and Mickey/Minnie ones. She still doesn't want to wear them. She literally wants to be naked. Last night she went in the potty twice. Y'all, this is WITHOUT PRIZES! Anyway, she did poo poo in her panties last night. That's ok though. I told her it's ok to go poo in the potty too so we'll see how it goes tonight. She DID NOT like it in her panties so maybe that helped the issue. I am just so excited. Seeing her face after she goes and how proud of herself she is, it's priceless. She claps for herself and runs out to tell her Daddy. I love it. I just can't believe it's happening. I constantly remind myself how well I know my child. I knew it would happen this way but then started to doubt my instincts. I love that little booger.

No comments:

Post a Comment