About Me

Jared and I have been married two years now. In November we will have been together 9 years. Crazy to think. We definitely grew up together and I think that's what makes us work so well. We had a daughter in June and we're not sure why we didn't do so sooner. We love her with our life. She is the best thing that's ever happened to us. I love having my own family. We live in Fayetteville and LOVE IT. We are always back and forth on whether or not we'll move back to Alma. I see us back down there one day but I see our life always being in NWA. If only we could pack our families up and move them up here!

Monday, February 11, 2013

**Our Ray of Sunshine**

I know I'm WAY behind on a Ruby post. I was going to go look at exactly how far behind I am but then I knew I'd be embarrassed. There is just SO MUCH to tell about our sweet growing girl I don't even know where to start.

First of all, we say over and over about how blessed we are to have such a healthy child. Not only is she healthy but she's so happy.

Measurements: not sure on exact numbers. I got on the scale with her and she was 25 lbs.. She's still wearing 18 month clothes but also some 24m/2T. I think she's ready for size 5 diapers but we still have quite a few size 4's so we'll continue those for a while. She's tall for sure.

What she loves: well there's a lot so I'm sure I'll forget some stuff. Me :), her daddy, the park, all of her cousins (specifically Madi and Tucker for some reason), all of her grandparents. Tea, yes, sweet tea. She asks for it every night for dinner. She runs to the refrigerator and says "tea tea??". If I have some made I always have a glass with her too. She also loves milk and water and juice but she mainly drinks milk and water and tea. She loves yogurt, strolls in her wagon, playing "get the ball before Mommy", dancing while Daddy plays the guitar, helping me with laundry and unloading the dishwasher, OUTSIDE-every chance we get, Ms. Kathy, face timing, Sophia Grace and Rosie (look them up, she's obsessed), READING-she could sit with her books all day every day, her babies, my make up, bath time, picking out her jammies and getting her wash cloth out of the linen closet for bath time, "swimming" in her bath, her Aunt Tippy, Beth and Aunt B, puppies, CATS, Jared calls her the "the crazy cat lady" because she completely freaks out when she sees a cat, and going places. She loves to be in public.

Eating: well it's hit or miss. If its something she loves she will eat a lot of it. Her favorites are anything that has pasta, fruit, tons of fruit, marshmallows, raisins, yogurt as I said before, chips when I let her have them (I worry about choking, she mainly eats Pringles), bologna, cheese, black olives, onions, tomatoes, corn, green beans, avocado and pickles. I love trying new things too because she's so open to it. I think she gets that from her dad. It's taken him 10 years to get me to eat half the stuff I just named off that she eats. I constantly worry when she doesn't eat a lot but I think that's pretty normal. One day she'll eat two plates of dinner/lunch and the next she will barely eat two bites. Last night I had to bribe her "3 more bites of spaghetti" because she was yelling for a "nana" (banana). She understands it too. Not the "3" part but she'll take another bite then yell for her nana. I just tell myself if she's hungry she'll eat.

Talking: she's forming complete sentences so I'd say she's talking! Yesterday she asked me "where's my ball?". Clear as day. She says a lot of words. I don't remember if I blogged about this but the last time we were at the doctor she asked how many words she is saying and I told Dr. Averitts about 50ish words. She acted stunned so I second guessed myself, came home and told Jared who thought I was crazy too. So we started writing them down. That was back in December. We exceeded 50 words and I know for sure she says way more than that now. So I won't type them all out. All I know is it is unbelievable to hear her speak words. We love her voice so much. We say it all the time. So sweet.

She doesn't like: bed time. She runs from me when I tell her it's time to brush her teeth every night. Or she'll run to Jared and cuddle up to him like he's going to save her. Bows. Her hair is getting so long and crazy but she refuses to let me fix it. I have decided to choose my battles with her and fixing her hair (or not) will not be one of them. So when you see pictures of her with wild hair you know why. :) She doesn't like for me to open or really do anything for her. She wants to do it all. Open her yogurt, her cheese, clean up her mess, ETC.. Miss Independent.

Potty Training: if she's not ready she's very close to it. She likes to take her diaper off every chance she gets. She tells me when it needs changed and she says "YUCK!". I've been trying to sit her on the potty for about 10 minutes a day. Nothing has happened. She goes into my closet anytime she has to #2. Like a dead sprint into our closet. And if I peek in there at her she gets mad at me. It's so funny. So we just don't bother her.

Randoms: she's sleeping great. She has actually been sleeping in later. Sometimes I wake up when she's up around 5ish whining. I change her diaper and that makes her sleep a few more hours. She goes right back down. It makes me think she's ready for potty training even more. She naps anywhere from 1-4. She goes to sleep at around 7:30. Sometimes 8:00 if I let her. Biting. I know it's not good and I'd never tell on her and post this negativity in public if this wasn't a way for me to document it and remember. I hate it. We don't really know what to do because she doesn't do it here. She bit the little girl Shelby at school last week, and left marks. Kathy thinks she took a toy from Ruby. She put her in time out. When Jared took her back to school that next time he told her "no biting today Ruby you be nice". And she went straight to Shelby and hugged her. Poor babies. All of them.

I think that is it. We've been venturing out to new things and she's loving it. Last week it was to the library for baby bookworms and some playing on a computer she's allowed on. The week before it was Boingo Bounce.

She is our ray of sunshine. She's our best little friend. I don't know what we'd do without her. THANK GOD for her.

Here are some picture's to enjoy. Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment