About Me

Jared and I have been married two years now. In November we will have been together 9 years. Crazy to think. We definitely grew up together and I think that's what makes us work so well. We had a daughter in June and we're not sure why we didn't do so sooner. We love her with our life. She is the best thing that's ever happened to us. I love having my own family. We live in Fayetteville and LOVE IT. We are always back and forth on whether or not we'll move back to Alma. I see us back down there one day but I see our life always being in NWA. If only we could pack our families up and move them up here!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Katie Couric and The Simple Life

Well the lady drives me slightly crazy but I still find myself recording and watching. After watching yesterday I have never been so happy I did.

It was all about living a simpler life. Less makeup. Less beating yourself up over gaining a few lbs.. Less reading every single magazine that "after 3 minutes in you immediately get down on yourself". Less name brand. More family time. More reading uplifting books. Going to church.

Ok so if any of you who watched know I've added a few things. One lady on there actually went an entire year only doing the things her husband does. No makeup, no shaving, no shopping, no hair products, etc etc..

I could never not shave. Ick. But I am thinking of the things I want to do to live a less stressful and more simple life. I've already taken Facebook out of my life. Now I'm thinking eyeliner? Ha! I know that sounds so petty...but I absolutely hate the crap and barely even know how to wear it.

I don't know what I will do to start. But it brought a lot of things up that I have never even considered being a problem. I don't know if that makes sense to any of you. But it does to me.

Maybe get RID OF ALL THE "STUFF" I don't use that just sits around because I think I "need" it. We'll see....

I will keep you posted on how it's going. Prayers for me and my family please!

Love,

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Love this blog and love you! Praying for you always....

    ReplyDelete