About Me

Jared and I have been married two years now. In November we will have been together 9 years. Crazy to think. We definitely grew up together and I think that's what makes us work so well. We had a daughter in June and we're not sure why we didn't do so sooner. We love her with our life. She is the best thing that's ever happened to us. I love having my own family. We live in Fayetteville and LOVE IT. We are always back and forth on whether or not we'll move back to Alma. I see us back down there one day but I see our life always being in NWA. If only we could pack our families up and move them up here!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Holiday Highlights

I haven't posted since before Christmas so I'm going to try to make this short and sweet.

We had a great Christmas. Ruby received so many gifts she doesn't know what to do with. Or maybe it's is that doesn't know what to do with them. Her big gifts were her walker toy for later on from Grammy and Papa, a princess rocking horse from Aunt Liz, Roger and the girls and a high chair from Nana and Poppy. She got tons of other toys, clothes and books. Very soon I will be doing some re-arranging of her room to make room for her new things. Very blessed little girl.

She came down with fever last Wednesday so we took her to the doctor. She has/had an ear infection and a cold which I guess go hand in hand. She never really acted just totally miserable but she wasn't herself by any means. Broke my heart. She seems to be feeling better though: I feel pretty lucky that it took 6 months for any bad sickness' and hope its 6 more months until her next one. Or never, that would be good too. But wishful thinking I know.

Yesterday morning I felt her second tooth poking through. I'm thinking the cold symptoms come with each tooth being cut because this is the second time it's happened. Poor girl. I've had the worst toothache for a month now so I can only imagine how bad it hurts her. There's nothing worse than tooth pain.

We rang in 2012 with the Thomas'. Their house is very accommodating for our family so we went over to slumber with them for the night. Emmie and I were certain we wouldn't make it to midnight but before we knew it it was 11:30 and we hadn't even had dinner yet. It was fun catching up with them. So crazy that we all have kiddos now. Emmie and I are lucky if we get to har lunch together once a week so having some adult time was nice.

The last news for us is Jared is switching jobs. This is something we thought and prayed about and we both know without a doubt it's the right decision for our family. He will be going back to the job he started out at after college. I'm very happy for him and so proud. He is a great provider and leader for our family and nothing makes me happier than him being happy. And a happy baby of course. :)

Just a few random pictures before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment